mama whose curiosity knows no bounds

Now I figured that size XL of Angela Wolf’s pattern was too big, I switched to size L and sew another fitting muslin.

Here’s the overall view:

Tummy area is a lot better. Ruching makes crosswise wrinkles to hide my protruding belly to a certain extent. Also improved is the sleeve fit. Learned from the first muslin, 3/4 sleeve pattern should not be used even if that fit my length. Instead, I draw a parallel line from long sleeve’ send point to 3/4 end point then draw a straight line to the armpit point.

Yet it’s not really a problem free.

As you can see, my shoulder is definitely bigger for this shirt. I didn’t realize until now that my upper arm, especially near shoulder is really big. It’s mostly fat, but probably there once were muscles below. I used to lap swim and my specialty was butterfly stroke!

So the next one – I plan to use one of three fashion fabrics I already bought – I will increase my bodice’s shoulder a little bit, just 1/4″ for both front and back. I glued a small piece of paper and increase the shoulder seam by 1/4″ then turned the line to arm hole about 4″ below.

I hope the. Next one will be a real good one!

B.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: